Recipe: Life Changing Loaf
3/4 cup sunflower seeds
1/4 cup pepitas
1/2 cup flaxseeds / linseeds
1/2 cup hazelnuts
1 1/2 cups quinoa flakes (you can also use rolled oats)
2 tbsp chia seeds
4 tbsp psyllium husks
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp honey
3 tbsp melted coconut oil
1 1/2 cups water
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees Celsius.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl and stir to combine.
- Combine all wet ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Stir together wet and dry ingredients and mix until everything is soaked and the mixture becomes thick.
- Spoon mixture into a flexible silicon loaf pan (FYI these are amazing – if you don’t have one, get one!). Smooth out the top of the loaf with the back of a spoon.
- Allow to rest on bench for 2 hours until mixture has thickened and solidified enough that when you move away the sides of the silicon pan the loaf retains its shape.
- Place loaf in preheated oven and cook 20 minutes.
- Remove loaf from silicon loaf pan and place on a baking tray. Return to oven for a further 40-45 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool COMPLETELY (I learnt this the hard way) before slicing.
- Serve with avocado, peanut butter, chia jam, or any other delicious toppings that take your fancy!