Protein Oatmeal Slice
Perfect sweet snack to hit the 3pm sugar cravings. Filled with protein, fibre and healthy fats to keep you full for hours. Keep them in the fridge for the perfect pre-workout snack.
1 1/2 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup pepitas
2 tbsp flaxseeds
1/2 cup almond meal
1/4 cup sultanas
1/4 cup vanilla protein powder
1/2 cup coconut oil melted and cooled
1/4 cup rice malt syrup or other sweetener
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup milk.
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees celsius and grease and line a slice tin.
- In a large mixing bowl combine all dry ingredients and stir.
- In a separate smaller mixing bowl combine all wet ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredient mixture and stir gently until just combined.
- Place into prepared slice tin and smooth the surface with the back of a spoon.
- Place into preheated oven and cook for 30-40 minutes or until cooked through and golden brown on top.
- Slice and drizzle with melted dark chocolate (optional, kinda).
If you like this recipe and want more healthy snack recipes don't forget to check out my nutrition guide with over 40 recipes and meal/snack ideas.
As always don't forget to tag me on Instagram or Facebook if you recreate this recipe.